So last week we spoke about balance and finding the balance between masculine and feminine which is right for you.
The question then is how do you identify the difference between being in your masculine, or being in a strong feminine?
Well there are a couple of key indicators to look out for.
- If you’re in your masculine you will tend to feel quite a bit of physical tension, especially in your stomach, chest, back and shoulders. If your muscles are contracting and you feel tension then there’s a strong probability you’re in ‘masculine mode’.
- If you’re in your masculine you will tend to be very focused on one specific outcome; you can almost have tunnel vision. There can also be a very strong element of competition involved. If you’re in your feminine you are still very aware of everyone and everything around you. You will feel very connected and will be in a state of peripheral vision.
- If you’re in a strong feminine ‘mode’, then you can still feel emotionally open (from the heart), you will also feel very centred and grounded, without feeling heavy or ‘weighed down’. The feeling of heaviness or weight can be a symptom of being in your masculine.
So what if you’ve identified that you’re in your masculine but you don’t know how to get back to the feminine again?
Here are a few very quick tips to get back into your feminine quickly:
- Relax – Take a moment to be conscious of your body and release any tension that you can feel. The stomach and shoulders are places to focus on, but the best approach is usually to start at your toes and work your way through relaxing each part of the body until you reach the top of your head.
- Re-connect to the emotional you – Take a moment to stop and think about something that you are truly grateful for, think about all of the aspects of it and allow yourself to feel the gratitude deeply.
- Dance – If you have the ability to take a couple of minutes, blast your favourite girly tunes and have a boogie!
- Laugh or smile – Find something or someone that will make you laugh or smile – it could be a video online, a person, a picture, anything. It will get you right back to who you are at your core as quick as a flash!
I would like to thank a lovely friend of mine on the other side of the world for being part of the inspiration behind today’s newsletter.
I had already selected the topic for today, but her personal situation is one which I’m sure that many other women face (in knowing how to balance the masculine and feminine elements) and it guided me to include elements that I otherwise might have left out.
Thank you…you know who you are… 😉
So enjoy, find your balance and remember to Stay Fabulous!