Cheap Ambien From IndiaSo it’s that time of year when whether you’re in the United States or not, you can’t help but notice a focus on gratitude spreading throughout the online and offline world….as people take the time to say Thank you.
Yes, unless you’re a turkey it’s all been about giving thanks as our friends in the US celebrated thanks giving last week.
This time last year I shared all about Cheap Ambien From Canada and how important it is to our daily lives.
We say thank you about so many things in our lives….
When we think about the things that we’re grateful and say thank you for we usually have quite a significant list.
Our family, our friends, our health, our fortune to live in an area of the world where freedom and basic civil liberties aren’t in question. Something we’ve done, somewhere we’ve been, someone we know. Nature, music, dance, smiles, hugs, rainbows….or something as simple as being alive.
I’m lucky to spend a lot of my time around a fantastic collection of people (something I’m very grateful for) who talk about gratitude on a regular basis…it’s a regular topic of conversation and we often share the things that we say thank you for.
But today something occurred to me; in all of the times I’ve heard people share about gratitude and in particular what they want to say thank you for…I don’t think they’ve ever simply said “Me”.
How many times a day do we say Thank you? To friends, family even people we don’t know.
In 2011, the Mail Online reported that the Brits say thank you about 5, 000 times per year, which equates to between 13 and 14 times a day.
So between thirteen and fourteen times every single day we take the time to thank someone else.
But how often do you take the time to actually thank YOU?
Think about it.
You do so much for yourself….without you, you’d never do anything, go anywhere, meet anyone or have any of the fantastic experiences that you’re grateful for.
You’re the reason you get up in the morning, and the person responsible for every achievement you’ve ever had.
You’re amazing….and if I was a betting person, I’d put money on the fact that you don’t take the time very often to just stop and acknowledge that by saying thank you to yourself.
So today I want to share with you 8 things to say thank you to yourself for, to inspire you to get started with thanking yourself:
- Say thank you for an achievement – Think of an achievement you’re really proud of…something that took some real effort to do…without you being committed to it and putting in your time and focus you’d never have achieved it!
- Say thank you for a relationship with someone you care about – Contrary to popular belief, relationships aren’t easy. They take hard work, effort, time and thought in order to work. If you have a relationship with anyone that you care about, then you can thank yourself for putting in the effort to cultivate that relationship in whichever way you do. It could be with a family member, a friend, an intimate partner, even a pet. They all take effort and you’re the reason that you have that relationship.
- Say thank you for something you have – If you have something that you have treated yourself to that you are grateful for…whether that be a little token that makes you laugh, something that makes you smile, or something that you have worked hard to be able to afford.
- Say thank you for an experience – If you have ever had an experience that you’ve enjoyed…then you’re the one to thank for it…after all, if it wasn’t for you, you’d never have had it!
- Say thank you for something you do – Everything you do is completely and totally down to you…so whether you’re grateful for something that you do for yourself like having a bit of a pamper, taking a walk or making time to read…or doing something for others, take the time to say thank YOU for doing it.
- Say thank you for going somewhere you enjoy – If you’ve ever been to a place that you really liked, whether that’s a park, a beach, a city, a country or an event, then you’ve guessed it, you’re the one to thank! Without you, going there wouldn’t have been possible.
- Say thank you for reading this blog – This blog is all about helping women (primarily, though I know we have a few regular male readers too!) to get the most out of life, to enjoy themselves, look after themselves, and to generally feel more fulfilled….so if you’re reading it now, that’s definitely something to thank yourself for.
- Say thank you for being you – Quite simply, thank you for being you. You’re completely unique, totally amazing and perfectly imperfect…all great reasons to be grateful to you.
This list is by no means exhaustive…but it’s definitely a good place to start.
Maybe you’ll choose one of these, maybe you’ll choose them all….but either way I encourage you to think of at least one thing today that you can say thank you to yourself for, and take a moment to acknowledge that in some way.
You can write yourself a short note to say how much you appreciate yourself, tell yourself face to face in the mirror, or just take a quiet moment to close your eyes, stop and say thank you.
Whichever way you choose to say thank you, allow yourself to enjoy it, allow yourself to receive it, and remember to do it again whenever you get the chance.