So yesterday I shared my first Pay It Forward Experiment….today I’m sharing the second. This is not any old experiment. This has the potential to save a human life.
I have a question for you.
If you could save a human life right now with just £1…would you do it?
£1 is less than the price of a loaf of bread.
But £1 from you, plus three simple posts on either Facebook or Twitter is all it will take to save a life.
A friend of mine, Lynne Hazelden, is battling breast cancer….having already lost her mother to cancer at just 12 years old.
She has already had a mastectomy, but has discovered a lump in her reconstructed breast…something that is quite rare.
Unfortunately, due to chemical sensitivities she is unable to undergo the usual treatment, available here in the UK, to tackle this disease.
In spite of her own ill health, Lynne is using her rare situation to help raise awareness and support for others who urgently need to find alternative cancer therapies which are not widely available.
There is hope for Lynne.
There is a treatment available in Israel that could save her life.
But in order to begin her treatment, Lynne needs to raise £30,000 in the next three weeks ….she then has to raise the funds to complete the therapy which could save her life.
The total amount to raise is £100,000.
With your help, she can get it.
(Click here to read more about Lynne’s story: http://kindercancerchoices.me/lynnes-story/)
Through some inspiration from a few amazing friends (thank you to each and every one of you, you know who you are)…I realised that this target is not only possible, but through pay it forward it could be done in just 12 days!
As you probably know by now, Pay It Forward is about the exponential growth of kindness.
You do one kind thing for 3 people…asking them to each do something kind for 3 other people…and on it spreads.
So my new experiment is about “Paying Forward a Pound”.
The idea is very simple.
- You donate £1 to Lynne’s treatment fund.
- You pass on the message to 3 friends, asking them to each “Pay Forward a Pound” for Lynne
- Each of them pass on the message to 3 friends….who pass on the message to 3 friends…and the ripple spreads…
- In 12 days Lynne will reach her target and will be able to begin her lifesaving treatment.
So how do you “Pay Forward a Pound” for Lynne?
There are just 2 simple steps.
1. Donate £1 now via the Just Giving website or Text donations:
- Website: http://www.justgiving.com/Lynne-Hazelden
- Mobile: Text “PIFL55 £1” to 70070 (from the UK)
2. Send the message about Pay Forward a Pound to 3 friends now, by just copying and pasting the text below:
- Facebook / Google + / Email – Would you like to save a life today? Pay forward just £1 now and in 3 weeks we will have saved the life of an incredible lady who is battling breast cancer – Visit here to learn about Paying Forward a Pound for Lynne: http://feminine1st.com/pay-forward-a-pound-for-lynne/. #PayItForward
- Twitter / Text Message – Please pay forward a Pound now to save @LynneHazelden ‘s life clicky.me/72oz #PayItForward
As you know, feminine women are all about collaborating, working together, supporting each other, and emotionally connecting with others. I say let’s tap into these natural gifts and use them to help save an amazing lady’s life.
By acting now, we will give Lynne the gift of her future.
Please, do your part to make this experiment a success.
Remember to Pay it Forward…