So last week we talked about time for you. To replenish yourself, to recharge your batteries and put your needs first.
I hope that you took a little time during the week to think about what ‘you time’ would really replenish you. Understanding how we can meet our own needs and replenish our energy is so important in order that we can continue to support our loved ones in the best way possible.
One thing that it’s important to say here is that replenishing doesn’t have to come from ourselves. It’s great to be able to receive from the people we care about and let them do things for us. Learning to receive like this is fundamental as a feminine woman.
BUT it is important that we aren’t dependent on the people around us for our replenishment. We need to be able to meet our own needs and feed our own energy stores. That way the extra we receive from our friends and family becomes a lovely bonus, which we can enjoy and appreciate. It is not something that we are reliant on for our wellbeing.
So, as promised, here is a list of ten top ways to replenish yourself:
- Take a bubble bath – When I say take a bubble bath, I don’t mean squeeze in a quick splash in the bath between doing other things. I mean set aside an hour, tell everyone that you are unavailable, turn off your phone, and ignore the doorbell. Light some candles, play some relaxing music, take your favourite book or magazine, and enjoy a long hot soak with no interruptions.
- Ten Minutes of Morning You Time – Take ten minutes every morning just for you. Put some relaxing music on your ipod, close your eyes and focus on you. Take some lovely long deep breaths and relax. Working your way up from your toes to the top of your head, take time to focus on and relax each single part of your body. Let any tension just melt away. Pay particular attention to your back, shoulders and neck. Then take a few minutes to think about what you’re going to do for yourself that day and how great it will feel when you do. It doesn’t take long to do, but this little piece of time in the morning will set you up for the day.
- Dance! – Take 10 minutes where you can be completely by yourself, put your favourite music on and have a dance about. Not ‘trying to look cool at a club’ dancing…but the sort of dancing you did when you were 5 years old…carefree, playful, purely about having fun!
- Make some time to read a great book – Taking some time to escape into another world for a short while is a great way to replenish yourself. Find a book that you love and get lost in a great story to take a break from the stresses of life for half an hour.
- Re-hydrate – Dehydration is the cause of so many problems in our bodies. A lack of water can make you feel weak, reduce your energy levels, and even affect your ability to concentrate. So taking time to make sure you have enough water in your body will make you feel much better! 🙂
- Do something creative – Feminine women are naturally very creative, so take some time to indulge your creative side and stimulate that part of your personality. You could paint, draw, write, sew, sing, dance…the list is endless. If you have a passion to try something new, then embrace it…give it a go!
- Get Outside – Even a quick ten-minute walk outside can make all the difference to how you’re feeling. Take some time to go for a walk and just be. Focus on the things that you can see, the sounds that you can hear. Look at the sky, the clouds, the trees…appreciate all the great things that are around you and enjoy being in nature.
- Pamper Yourself – Indulge your feminine side for a while and take some time to pamper yourself. Do your nails, give yourself a home facial or pedicure. Take an hour or so to lavish some attention on yourself.
- Find something that will make you laugh – Laughing is a great way to very quickly feel good again. As well as making us feel good in the moment, it actually has some real tangible long-term benefits. It can reduce stress, boost your immune system, and provides a physical and emotional cleanse. So find a good comedy film, jump on to youtube to find the latest clips for a laugh or look out some old photos to get the giggles flowing…
- Find some water – No, I don’t mean in the nearest tap…and I’m not going back to suggestion 1 here! As feminine women, being associated with the Yin energy we have a natural affinity for water. So if you have the ability to, spend some time by natural body of water. This will feed your soul and energise you. Take a little time and go to a local river, or lake. If you have the opportunity, spend some time by a waterfall or even by the ocean. Enjoy listening to the sound of the water, breathe and just be.
To give your ‘time for you’ sessions a kick-start, here’s a great song to inspire you to find some imaginative ways to be “feeling good”…
Here’s the link in case the video doesn’t play for you: http://youtu.be/OfJRX-8SXOs
And remember to Stay Fabulous!